On Tuesday, 1 September 2020, at 8:21 AM, Ethan Gardener wrote: > Is there any reason one process group cann't have multiple windows? By design, each window must have your own private namespace with your own /dev/* files and although these files have same names when a window write to one of them, that one is yours. If I didn't get it wrong, that's it. This seems strange because it seems that windows use the same files, but they don't. I think it's strange because I'm not familiar with the concept of namespace: in other operating systems there is always just one filesystem. I imagine that these issues of parent-window, child-window and owner-window are minor, unimportant things and, therefore, had no place in the design of the system: they were unnecessary complications.