@Richard Miller I had installed go following  http://docs.9front.org/building-go I do have permissions to the $GOROOT tree. And other than the go binary I do not see any go files under src.  Would I even have a cache considering i've never successfully built a go project yet? term% cd $GOROOT term% pwd /sys/lib/go/amd64-1.15.2 term% touch test.t term% ls src src/Make.dist src/README.vendor src/all.bash src/all.bat src/all.rc src/archive src/bootstrap.bash src/bufio src/buildall.bash src/builtin src/bytes src/clean.bash src/clean.bat src/clean.rc src/cmd src/cmp.bash src/compress src/container src/context src/crypto src/database src/debug src/encoding src/errors src/expvar src/flag src/fmt src/go src/go.mod src/go.sum src/hash src/html src/image src/index src/internal src/io src/iostest.bash src/log src/make.bash src/make.bat src/make.rc src/math src/mime src/net src/os src/path src/plugin src/race.bash src/race.bat src/reflect src/regexp src/run.bash src/run.bat src/run.rc src/runtime src/sort src/strconv src/strings src/sync src/syscall src/testdata src/testing src/text src/time src/unicode src/unsafe src/vendor