I got annoyed by searching for the previous message in thread for acme mail, so I started to add the feature. That left me unhappy with the code structure of acme Mail, so I rewrote it last weekend. Here's the result. It's still very rough around the edges. Save, Next, and a few other things haven't made back yet. Still, it seems to work well enough for me to dogfood it. The most visible change is thread sorting with a compact layout is done by default. Code below. https://git.sr.ht/~ori/Nail Sent using Nail.