Awesome! I just tried to package lufia's libressl but got stuck on that a script needed "real" git. Will try this! Den sön 6 sep. 2020 23:47 skrev: > Hey, > > I try not to be too verbose about new features landing in git9, but > I think these warrant some noise. Both git/compat and git/serve > have landed in the last few days. > > Git/compat is a script that drops you into a new rc shell with > a 'git' script in $path. This git script provides enough of the > upstream git interface that 'go get' and friends work out of the > box, as long as you're in a git repository. Thanks to halfwit > for doing the work on this! > > % git/compat > nested% cd $gorepo > nested% go get ./... > > Git/serve is exactly what it sounds like: A git server that runs > on plan 9. It supports both read-only and read-write access. > > # read-only git://$host server, works with git > % aux/listen1 'tcp!*!9418' git/serve > > Once that's running, you can clone from it using any git client > that supports the git:// protocol > > unix$ git clone git://host/path/to/repo.git > p9% git/clone git://host.com/path/to/repo > > You can also tunnel it over TLS with plan 9 auth, if you want > authenticated pushes: > > % aux/listen1 -t 'tcp!*!9418' tlsclient -a git/serve -wr`{pwd} > > With this, you currently need a plan 9 git client, since unix > git doesn't know how to tunnel over tlsclient or authenticate > with an auth server: > > p9% git/clone hjgit://host.com/path/to/repo > > But we can probably get a simple remote helper for unix git that > will dial using a plan9port copy of tlsclient: > > https://rovaughn.github.io/2015-2-9.html > > There are still rough edges: > > Git/compat only works under a git repository. There are some > commands that 'go get' invokes when run outside of a repository > that need some work. > > Git/serve does not currently support bare repositories, so > all repositories served must have a '.git' directory inside > them: > > % ls /usr/ori/srv/git9 > .git/ > > It's acceptably fast for small repositories, but there's a lot > of low hanging fruit to pick. And of course, it's only been > tested rather lightly. > >