I used to have serious CTS issues from using a mouse. Clenching a mouse and fine motor movement became physiologically incompatible actions for me. My simple low cost solution is to have a USB connected Logitech trackball under my right hand (I'm right handed) and a common wheel USB mouse with the optical window taped over under the left hand. Moving the mouse has no effect on the cursor/pointer. So I position the cursor/pointer with my right hand, rolling the trackball, sometimes gingerly. When I have the spot right, I raise my right hand so that the pointer stays put and then click or scroll as required with the left hand. On Thu, 1 Jul 2021 at 11:16, Dworkin Muller wrote: > I have physical issues with trying to perform fine-grained mouse > operations (uncontrollable small hand tremors). The net effect is > that anything more much specific than window selection is difficult > and takes several seconds - pretty much the antithesis of the study > results that showed that editing using the mouse to point to where you > want to type, select text, etc was as efficient as keyboard-driven > edit. To give an idea of the scale of the problem, it's difficult to > get the mouse positioned into the scrollbars or the command bar of > acme windows, let alone point between two specific characters for > inserting new text. > > So, my question is, are there any viable alternatives for use with > Plan9? Throwing special hardware at the problem unfortunately isn't > all that viable mainly due to budgetary issues - all the other > environments I use support keyboard short-cuts for just about > everything, so it's hard to justify spending any significant amount of > money for what is essentially a low-priority hobby. > > If the answer is just to use sam, I can do that, but it doesn't really > help the problem of needing to copy/paste previous commands in > terminal windows, etc. > > Hopefully I'm missing something obvious.... > > Thanks. > > Dworkin ------------------------------------------ 9fans: 9fans Permalink: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/T716c5aa0e2aa8a27-M7b4c1723d7b83c3b32784134 Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription