Hello, the nusb/audio driver changes the namespace at 2 positions. It adds entries for audio and audioin in #u and an entry for volume in #σ/usb. So depending on where #A, #u and #σ are bound in the namespace parts of nusb/audio will shadow or be shadowed by #A. Consensus on the mailing was to not mess with the bind order and let the user decide what to do with nusb/audio. To make this easier and avoid any ambiguities I propose to add a suffix U to all of nusb/audio's device entries. This is how the device entries look for me with the attached patch: /dev/audioU83862 /dev/volumeU83862 I can now bind them on /dev/audio and /dev/volume in termrc or use the attached script to automatically bind any usb audio devices when they are plugged in. We also get as many usb audio devices as we want. Greetings, Arne