Just for a summary: > * how is it possible to mount a dosfs from USB stick plugged in after > boot (when already present at boot I can find /dev/sdU*)? problem is fixed - forgot to install the kernel after compilation. Stupid man on the keyboard - please ignore > * where can the timezone be set after install (forgot to do that)? copying timezone file to /lib/timezone/local didn't work. $timezone is set correctly, but funny, date or clock shows GMT > * is there a way to either stop screen blanking or to make the screen > reappear after blanking by using keyboard or mouse? minor problem. setting monitor=auto or even monitor=igfx both seem to leave me without a working #i device. will disable screen timeout. > * how to make IWL wifi work (/lib/firmware already has the iwn-* > files; device is Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 (rev bb))? there seems some preparation already done in etheriwl.c, as family 7000 is mentioned in code, but some work seems to be needed. just inserted some code for checking dev-id and setting firmware & family. sysinfo attached for reference.