Thanks Jens & Shawn, Shawn, It looks like the first (three) Realtek cards might support operation under the class of CDC USB devices, which is the assumed interface if no '-t type' is passed to nusb/ether. It might be of some interest in seeing if running nusb/ether with '-t url' to see if the driver for the 8150 works with it.. no promises. I suspect that the 8152 (your third card listed), will be supported under url, we just would need to add that to nusbrc if it works. Jens, you also seem to be using an 8153 based card. What we might try in the meantime, is giving those devices which do support CDC their own case in nusbrc to just use CDC, in place of a dedicated driver. I'm guessing the CDC case further down does not get matched for these cards. It is probably best to just enumerate them for now, please see if adding this does anything on attach for you: diff fcb6d6ec65fb82c3b6b936dd148df72b9955994b uncommitted --- a/sys/src/9/boot/nusbrc +++ b/sys/src/9/boot/nusbrc @@ -25,6 +25,8 @@ nusb/ether -t aue $etherargs $id case 0bda8150 nusb/ether -t url $etherargs $id + case 0bda8153 # support by cdc for now. + nusb/ether $etherargs $id case 18d14ee3 0bb40003 10046344 nusb/ether -t rndis $etherargs $id case 12092301 # keyboardio model 01 (IAD)