From: "Dave MacFarlane" <driusan@driusan.net>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] str2json and jsonfmt
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 10:39:52 -0500	[thread overview]

Quoth cinap_lenrek@felloff.net:
> very interesting.
>
> i tried jg but the problem with mangadex json was that
> they had newlines in the values, which where not escaped
> so the grep approach doesnt work so well.
>
> a file-system to parse it might do the trick.
>
> --
> cinap

*Not* escaped newlines? You mean their json looks something like:

"{
	"foo": "bar
baz"
}"?

That isn't valid JSON and even with a filesystem would (should) fail
when jsonparse() is called on it.  (The above example fails with
JSON.parse in both Firefox and Chrome, so if that is what you mean I'm
not sure how they do anything with it..)