Resample is well known for taking a long time to resize an image. This patch brings an important performance boost (in my test image, time was reduced from ~2850ms to ~500ms). It does that by extracting FP multiplication and division out of the innermost loop of resamplex/resampley. The results differ slightly from the current implementation: in my test: ~0.3% of the bytes had a ±2 difference in their value, which I attribute to rounding errors. I'm personally not concerned with that deviation, given the performance gains. However, I recommend testing it just to be sure I didn't overlook anything. José Miguel Sánchez García