I think there has been a communication gap here, so let me expand: opam is the _intended_ main tool for development of OCaml programs and the related distribution of the OCaml compiler. You are talking about end users consuming OCaml programs, I am talking about developers making them, two different use cases. Yawar On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 7:21 AM Richard W.M. Jones wrote: > On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 04:19:34PM -0500, Yawar Amin wrote: > > Realistically, today, system ocaml compiler + make is a corner case in > > OCaml development/distribution and shouldn't take precedence over a > > standardized developer workflow with opam. > > Actual figures, otherwise I'll have to assume you're talking nonsense. > The system OCaml compiler is by far the way we prefer users to consume > OCaml and programs built by OCaml on Fedora, probably on Debian too. > > Rich. > > -- > Richard Jones > -- Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list https://inbox.ocaml.org/caml-list Forum: https://discuss.ocaml.org/ Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs