Dear Kenichi, You should be able to obtain a textual diff by using git diff --text boot/menhir/parser.ml Hope that helps, Nicolįs ________________________________ De : caml-list-request@inria.fr de la part de Kenichi Asai Envoyé : mercredi 7 avril 2021 14:09 Ą : caml-list@inria.fr Objet : [Caml-list] ocaml-variants via binary patch? CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. I am trying to create an ocaml-variant (a type debugger) in which parser.mly is modified. Since OCaml uses menhir, I have to run "make promote-menhir" to obtain "boot/menhir/parser.ml". After that, I created a patch against the original OCaml source. This way, I wanted to obtain the variant by specifying the patch in the opam file. However, git diff somehow considers "boot/menhir/parser.ml" as a binary file. Now I got stuck. If I create a patch via: git diff --binary the patch program (launched by "opam switch create") says git binary diff is not supported. Is there a way to pass "--binary" to patch launched by opam? Or, is there a way to obtain non-binary diff for "boot/menhir/parser.ml"? (The file appears to be an OCaml file, with some very long lines.) I then tried to include "make promote-menhir" into the build process of opam, but opam says "menhir: command not found". Sure, menhir will be built after the switch which I am now trying to create, leading to circular dependency. What can I do? -- Kenichi Asai