Computer Old Farts Forum
From: segaloco via COFF <coff@tuhs.org>
To: COFF <coff@tuhs.org>
Subject: [COFF] Seeking Some Japanese Computing Books
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 16:24:24 +0000	[thread overview]

Good morning, I am going to pick up a few Japanese computing books to get more familiar with translating technical literature and figured I'd see if anyone here has any of these before I go buying from randos on eBay (Not sure all of these exist in Japanese):

The C Programming Language (Either Edition)
The C++ Programming Language
Any AT&T/USL System V Docs
The UNIX System (Bourne)
John Lions's Commentary
Any Hardware Docs from Japanese shops (Sony, NEC, Sharp, JVC, etc) that have English counterparts (e.g. MSX architecture docs, PC-*8 hardware stuff)

Thanks all!

- Matt G.

P.S. Even less likely but any of the above in Chinese I would be interested in as well. Many Kanji and Hanzi overlap in meaning so while it may be like trying to read Chaucer with no knowledge of antiquated English, translation between Hanzi and English may help the Kanji situation along too.