Sorry to hear. I knew him, I flew us across the US in a small single engine airplane, a rare blessing in a blessed life. We share the month of February as a birth date and would exchange emails every year. (Thompson is another in the February club.) Dennis once said that if you look at C and Pascal you might think there was information exchange, even though there was none. Oberon is Pascal++, ++. Over the years C got more type-safe and Klaus' language got more flexible. Most of the objections to Pascal were gone after he designed Oberon. Very sad. Brantley > On Jan 3, 2024, at 2:35 PM, Dan Cross wrote: > > [TUHS as Bcc] > > I just saw sad news from Bertrand Meyer. Apparently, Niklaus Wirth > passed away on the 1st. :-( > > I think it's fair to say that it is nearly impossible to overstate his > influence on modern programming. > > - Dan C.