Computer Old Farts Forum
From: Anthony Martin <ality@pbrane.org>
To: COFF <coff@tuhs.org>
Subject: [COFF] Re: [TUHS] Re: The AWK Programming Language, 2nd Ed.: What's new?
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 16:28:17 -0700	[thread overview]

Warren Toomey via TUHS <tuhs@tuhs.org> once said:
> The history of Unix is not just of the technology, but also of the
> people involved, their successes and travails, and the communities
> that they built. Mary Ann referenced a book about her life and
> journey in her e-mail's .sig. She is a very important figure in the
> history of Unix and I think her .sig is entirely relevant to TUHS.

Are you fine with everyone advertising whatever views
and products they want in their signatures or would I
have to be a very important figure?

If I want to say, for example, that the vast amount of
software related to Unix that came out of Berkeley was
so harmful it should have a retroactive Prop 65 label,
would that be okay to have in my signature?

Cheers,
  Anthony

The vast amount of software related to Unix that came
out of Berkeley was so harmful it should have a
retroactive Prop 65 label.

[Quote from some person completely unrelated to Unix.]

[A link to buy my children's picture book about the
tenuous connection between Unix and the NATO terror
bombing of Yugoslavia, direct from Jeff Beelzebub's
bookstore.]

End of signature.

Sorry Warren, I couldn't help myself. I was "triggered"
just like Dan Cross, previously in that thread, who could
not stay silent.

"Silence is violence, folx."
    - Sus of size (a.k.a. postmodernist Porky Pig)

Sent to COFF as Dan should have done.