On Thursday, 7 March 2024 at 1:47:26 -0500, Jeffry R. Abramson wrote: > > I eventually reverted back to Linux because it was clear that the > user community was getting much larger, I was using it > professionally at work and there was just a larger range of > applications available. Lately, I find myself getting tired of the > bloat and how big and messy and complicated it has all gotten. > Thinking of looking for something simpler and was just wondering > what do other old timers use for their primary home computing needs? I'm surprised how few of the responders use BSD. My machines all (currently) run FreeBSD, with the exception of a Microsoft box (distress.lemis.com) that I use remotely for photo processing. I've tried Linux (used to work developing Linux kernel code), but I couldn't really make friends with it. It sounds like our reasons are similar. More details: 1977-1984: CP/M, 86-DOS 1984-1990: MS-DOS 1991-1992: Inactive UNIX 1992-1997: BSD/386, BSD/OS 1997-now: FreeBSD Greg -- Sent from my desktop computer. Finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key. See complete headers for address and phone numbers. This message is digitally signed. If your Microsoft mail program reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA.php