Eric Abrahamsen writes: > Eric Abrahamsen writes: > >> Adam Sjøgren writes: >> >>> Recently I read a blog post about delayed messages in Gnus: >>> >>> · https://tech.toryanderson.com/2020/02/21/emacs-gnus-delay-schedule-email-sending/ >>> >>> And I could help myself nerdsplaining the configuration I use for >>> delayed messages. >>> >>> One of the things is: >>> >>> ; Remove date, so delayed messages (C-c C-j) don't get a date until >>> ; sent, from : >>> (setq message-draft-headers '(References From)) >> >> Huh, I didn't realize that the Date header was set as time-of-delay, not >> time-of-send. Confirming for myself by delaying this message by a day. >> No harm done, as it is totally useless! > > Huh, no kidding. I can't think of any reason we'd want to send delayed > messages out with the original Date header... +1; I think it would be a more sensible default to use the Date of send. I think it can be especially confusing for the receiver seeing a message dated, say, 1 day before, but only just appearing in their inbox.