I found several fancy descriptions when skimming gmane.emacs.gnus.general newsgroup. ,----[ C-h f user-uid RET ] | user-uid is a built-in function in ‘C source code’. | | (user-uid) | | Probably introduced at or before Emacs version 18. | This function does not change global state, including the match data. | | Return the effective uid of Emacs. | Value is a fixnum, if it’s small enough, otherwise a bignum. `---- I’m impressed that `C-h v user-uid RET’ is *clickable*. How Gnus fontifys it and how can I generate funciton/variable documentations like it? I think it a Gnus builtin function. Thanks. -- Zhiwei Chen