Uwe Brauer wrote: > Great it works like expected thanks a lot!!! You are welcome. > [1] the indent feature I regularly use (and so does RMS) FWIW, until five years ago or so RMS had been using an ancient style of indent-only (no ‘>’), that is, he might be viewed as being in a prolonged transition to a conventional one. > because it makes the quotes more visible. Why do not you embed in your mail a CSS style, where quotes are highlighted with a favourite colour for quotes instead, I wonder? ;-) Both approaches are equally fundamentally broken in their premise, but the latter is at least easy ignorable recipient-side. > Some mail readers have difficulties with [recognizing idiosyncratic quoting styles] Indeed.