if (strncmp(a[i],"data-",5)==0) { jsobjtype dso = get_property_object(t->jv,"dataset"); if(dso) set_property_string(dso, a[i]+5, u); } That looks ok, do you want me to code or do you want to code and make a pull request. I don't mind setting default heights and widths on just about everything, I guess we have to, and it's *way* too much bother to figure out what they should really be, cause we'd have to essentially lay out the screen, and edbrowse doesn't have a screen. But 1024 by 768 is prety heavy handed. A span with 2 letters shouldn't take the whole screen. I would make the height 16 the pixels of a single character, and the width like 120 or about 15 characters. Some day when we're ambitious we can guess how much "stuff" is in that element and if it's 50 characters then make it wider, but we have to start somewhere. Yes you would takc these onto c.prototype. Again do you want to or should I/ c.prototype.clientHeight = 16; c.prototype.clientWidth = 120; c.prototype.offsetHeight = 16; c.prototype.offsetWidth = 120; c.prototype.scrollHeight = 16; c.prototype.scrollWidth = 120; c.prototype.scrollTop = 0; c.prototype.scrollLeft = 0; Karl Dahlke