Note this paragraph from my debugging page in the wiki. This may be what is happening. -------------------------------- I worked on one site that added its own toString() functions to various prototypes, and these in turn had trace points, so when I asked for the value of x, and it tried to turn x into a string, it entered the toString() function associated with x, which triggered more breakpoints, which was really really confusing. I entered . . . and finally got back to the string value of x. I hope this is a rare occurrence. Karl Dahlke