Chris: If you could help with a robust, portable makefile, that would be great. Start with GNUmakefile as template, and the same environment variables I guess, they seem to work for us. Cept, we want edbrowse target to use quick, and still keep an edbrowseduk target to use duktape. I guess we can keep edbrowsesm to build with spider monkey, though that one doesn't build at present, but that's my problem, not yours. I'd let hello build the hello targets, I think that's ok. Nobody but us is ever going to make any of these nonstandard targets. As per cmake I don't know the answer to that one. When the dust settles I'll ask Geoff - but I didn't want to bother him til we had a clear path. I could have pestered him about building with spider monkey a few months ago; I'm glad I didn't. Let's make sure we really know where we're headed first. Also - how would this change your procedures for static builds. Probably simplify them, since quickjs.a is already static. And tidy builds a statid library too. Karl Dahlke