Geoff: thank you for your kind and thoughtful reply. You have been such a big help to us over the years. I'm glad you still monitor this list. I've come to realize over the years that a makefile, even if it's linux only, is valuable to us, because of the many other targets we build, targets that will never be used by the casual user or the distributor. So it's ok if these targets only build on linux. Example: all those hello world programs that let us play with the various javascript engines. So nice to just type make hello And other targets to build debugging modes into edbrowse. So we may well keep cmake going, but I think we will always have our own makefile in addition to cmake, even if it first seems a bit redundent. I didn't want to ask you to restructure anything - until we were sure of our direction. I think we're coming to a concensus. I'll let you know. As per the big question of do we even support windows and/or cmake any more, I don't know. We all put a lot of work into it; yet there seems to be not a single windows edbrowse user. It's just more compatible with the nix systems and the way they function. Tyler has explained it more eloquently than I could. One of my thoughts was, it might be easier to get funding if we could claim it ran on every platform, including windows. Organizations expect that. But we've never gotten a dime of funding anyways, so idk. Meantime it is a bit of overhead to keep the windows port up. All thoughts are welcome. Meantime, you could casually ask yourself, in the background, what would have to change if duktape were replaced with quick. Is it hard to do, or is it a quick fix? Ha ha ha! (I couldn't resist that one.) Karl Dahlke