I've never even touched windows, well almost never, so forgive me if I'm being silly. Let's say there was, someday, a windows edbrowse user. He surely would want to use edbrowse in his home directory, accessing his own files in documents, downloads, desktop, etc. There's not much point in him bringing up a virtual os, which he then has to live in entirely, and running edbrowse, just to say he ran it. Or is WSL some kind of emulator that can wrap around and run a single linux program still in the context of your windows world? Just curious. And no - we shouldn't do too much until we see a windows user somewhere on the horizon. Karl Dahlke