Dear all, This is very sad news indeed. My memory of Erik is as a quiet but thoughtful and warm person, candid and principled, and vastly knowledgeable. Erik was my entry-point into the world of type theory, when, in 2016, he let me, then an impressionable masters student, into his cavernous setoid libraries, where I spent six happy months messing with E-categories---'"Erik"-categories'---and ECwAs, lost in the heady lure of checking coherences in a proof assistant. -Chaitanya. On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 11:15 PM Peter LeFanu Lumsdaine < p.l.lumsdaine@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear colleagues, > > Some very sad news — Erik Palmgren passed away unexpectedly this week at > his home in Stockholm, after a short period of bad health. > > Besides being insightful and influential in his own work, mostly on > constructive mathematics and related topics in logic, Erik was also a > generous and sensitive mentor to many students and younger colleagues, > first in Uppsala and then in Stockholm. He will be deeply missed. > > Personal website: http://staff.math.su.se/palmgren/ > > For any academic business regarding Erik, please contact either me < > p.l.lumsdaine@math.su.se> or Jonas Bergström (head of > the Stockholm University mathematics division). > > Sadly, > –Peter. > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "Homotopy Type Theory" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to HomotopyTypeTheory+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/HomotopyTypeTheory/CAAkwb-k00GTNS4jm3vgvJoAK5mUuJU6RDZH_6cKs5hD1M4wOKA%40mail.gmail.com > > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Homotopy Type Theory" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to HomotopyTypeTheory+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/HomotopyTypeTheory/CALwTfBf%3D80-ak%2Bgn%2BdDV3rsEoaSTMQPG9jH8_9EqQvYZpV%2B85Q%40mail.gmail.com.