Hi Silvan, The following works with vim. It requires fzf and fzf.vim. Once in a while, you can use maddr \| sort \| uniq > ~/my.contacts to dump all contacts found in your emails in that file. Then in .vimrc: inoremap fzf#vim#complete('cat ~/my.contacts') will let you complete emails inside vim using fzf when writing an email in vim. Best wishes, Pierre On Saturday, July 6, 2019 at 5:02:13 PM UTC-4 Silvan Jegen wrote: > Heyho > > Ideally I don't want to type out people's whole email addresses when > composing emails. My first thought was to use an alias file with my > SMTP client (msmtp). This works fine for sending emails, except that > the aliases are not replaced in the mail headers. That means if a person > replies to all people in a mail from me, and the CC header contains an > alias like 'friend1', the email addressed to 'friend1' one will never > arrive since it's not a valid email address. > > Currently I am using a new approach where I simply run 'sed' over the > headers of an email at composiition time to replace all my aliases with > the proper email addresses. > > I feel like there should be a more elegant solution to this (involving > 'msed' being invoked before passing an email to the sendmail program > perhaps?). Is there an easy way to get simple email address aliases > working that I am missing? > > > Cheers, > > Silvan > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "mblaze" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mblaze+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mblaze/37d1f718-192a-4bb3-93ee-a89db62604f1n%40googlegroups.com.