On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 02:00:13PM -0700, Hydro Flask wrote: > On 2020-06-30 12:54, Rich Felker wrote: > >Note that for fixing this issue, it won't suffice just to make > >pthread_kill block signals. The other places that use the killlock > >also need to block signals, to make the lock fully AS-safe. > > Rich did you see the issue I was talking about in the example in my > previous email? Does it make sense? > > I do not mind submitting a patch for this issue if you don't > currently have the spare cycles, just let me know if we are in > agreement in terms of understanding the issue and I can submit a > patch that blocks "app signals" in every place that uses the > killlock. > > Probably could also remove the pthread_self() special case that you > referenced earlier in the thread but that would be a second patch. Yes, I see it clearly now. Sorry it took a while. I have prepared the attached patch which I'll push soon if there are no problems. Rich