On 05/02/2020 18:17, Rich Felker wrote: > On Wed, Feb 05, 2020 at 05:06:11PM -0600, A. Wilcox wrote: > This is not a difference in the signature; the constness in the > declaration is meaningless (explicitly ignored by the language). In > the definition, it causes the local variable corresponding to the > argument to be const, but that's not terribly useful. Sorry, I was confused and thought it was a pointer type. Disregard. >> It is implemented not only in glibc, but additionally in Solaris 11: >> >> https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E88353_01/html/E37843/pthread-sigqueue-3c.html > > Without _np -- interesting. I'm not opposed if this seems to be the > consensus. Notably, no one in the BSD family has implemented it. I have not found any discussion of this interface on the Austin Group defect tracker. It is a very recent addition to Solaris – appearing to have been added last year. WebKit's JSC mentions the desire to utilise this interface in a comment but stops short of actual use due to portability concerns. Firefox appears to use this interface for a test case for its sandbox, on glibc hosts only. Intriguingly, Xenomai does define the interface, but as pthread_sigqueue_np. The only seemingly-legitimate use of this interface comes from a perplexingly wrong usage in Intel's graphics driver toolset at: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/intel-gpu-tools/tree/lib/igt_core.c?id=497e13d2b4#n2465 ...where they call pthread_sigqueue only if the system is /not/ Linux. I would assume this would break the build on FreeBSD, but perhaps they don't support these tools on non-Linux platforms. If that's the case, then I'm not sure why this code block even exists. Best, --arw -- A. Wilcox (awilfox) Project Lead, Adélie Linux https://www.adelielinux.org