On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 1:36 PM Rich Felker wrote: > Can you provide an strace (with -f) showing the hang? It's probably > not related to this since fork does not seem to be involved. Depending > on how you're using Go, it may just be Go bypassing libc then trying > to use libc functions, which at least used to be a big problem; I > don't know if it's fixed nowadays or not. Thanks Rich, for taking a look, I have attached an strace of the program compiled against musl & glibc. The first call to setreuid succeeds in both, but the second call fails under musl. Jesse