On 15/02/2020 08:20, Brian Peregrine wrote: > I probably need to clarify the approach further. > The idea is to have something (more precisely a script) which is > intented specifically for gentoo (not all linux variants; not that the > pull is to the gentoo/musl repo btw). Once that's ready, a binary can > be made. Speaking for our own distro, it can be used on the optional > usb stick (https://github.com/Sharrisii/TAZ_optional_usb_stick/tree/master/binaries > ). I assume these binaries can then also be shared and used with > non-gentoo based linux versions (if generic compiler flags are used, > which is also the idea). > > Interested people can work on improving the files in the pull > (https://github.com/gentoo/musl/pull/296 ) and then having these > improvements added to the pull. > > Adelie's firefox-esr version is 68.5.0, jakeogh's version (in pull) is > v.41 so Adelie's version is indeed newer. Current is v73, so still > needs to be improved it further. So yes, you could already switch this > in the pull. > The binary I used of Adelie (v52.9.0-r4, back in June 2019) didn't > work, and wasn't optimized for i686 cpu's (and also, Adelie linux is > based on abuild system rather then gentoo's portage system), so I am > somewhat cautious. That said, if the script is worked out further, > there may be no issues. The reason I linked to Adélie's build recipe is because you can use it as a starting point for writing an ebuild. You can also integrate our patch set to make your porting work easier. I didn't mean to imply you could directly copy what we did in to a Gentoo system. Best, --arw -- A. Wilcox (awilfox) Project Lead, Adélie Linux https://www.adelielinux.org