On 10/30/20 2:22 PM, Michael Forney wrote: > On 2019-08-01, Florian Weimer wrote: >> * James Y. Knight: >> >>> There seems to be some debate in glibc over whether this API should be >>> supported, due to the long-standing debate about "pthread_t" vs >>> "kernel tid" APIs. (And this API uses kernel tids, of course.) >> >> The debate is over and has been decided in favor of supporting TIDs. We >> just have a backlog of interfaces for which we need to add support. > > Hi Florian, > > Am I interpreting you correctly that glibc intends to add a > sigev_notify_thread_id define to access this field in struct sigevent? > I plan to send a patch to qemu to use sigev_notify_thread_id over > _sigev_un.tid if it is available, and I just want to confirm that > glibc intends to follow suit before I mention that in the commit > message. we will need something similar for gperftools as well. > > Thanks >