sam-fans - fans of the sam editor
From: "Russ Cox" <rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com>
To: sam-fans@hawkwind.utcs.toronto.edu
Subject: Re: Samx - one more time ...
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 16:17:43 -0400	[thread overview]

	One thing: Does this mean that libXg also needs changes?

The graphics model has changed quite a bit,
and there is not currently anything approximating
libXg, at least in such a form.  I have vague notions
of it being a nice thing to have a libXg equivalent
for the new graphics model, and I do have many
of the pieces, but not all, and they're not packaged
correctly.

Rob should correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe
that the protocol between sam and samterm has not
changed, so that you could pick up the aforementioned
sam changes and keep using the current samterm,
if you were not inclined to do battle with X.

Russ