I'm using s6-rc to manage services and have been changing databases. For some unknown reason sometimes the update fails with the error: s6-rc-update: fatal: unable to read /run/s6-rc/state: Broken pipe When that happens, I cannot use s6-rc anymore: /run/s6-rc does not exists, but s6-rc declares it as if it does: sudo s6-rc-init /run/s6 s6-rc-init: fatal: unable to supervise service directories in /run/s6-rc/servicedirs: File exists Creating the s6-rc symlink does not improve the situation. How should I recover from this error?