I read on http://skarnet.org/software/s6/notifywhenup.html: "...daemons can simply write a line to a file descriptor of their choice, then close that file descriptor, when they're ready to serve. This is a generic mechanism that some daemons already implement." I am curious, does anyone on this list know of examples of such daemons? I am considering creating and submitting patches for some daemon programs that I use that do *not* support this mechanism as yet, and am curious if it is as simple as it looks like it should be. Cheers! Brett -- Brett Neumeier (bneumeier@gmail.com)