On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 7:31 PM Laurent Bercot wrote: > >1) Is there a possibility to add an ENV variable dynamically? > >I have a shell script which fills out some variables like > >IPADDRESS, SERVER etc .. which I need to use in starting a process later > >as part of starting a service/stopping a service. > > You can do whatever you want in a run script, as long as by the end > of it, the pid of the long-running daemon is the pid your run script > was started as. > If your run script is a shell script, you can absolutely source the > script that fills out your environment variables. It is not the most > idiomatic or safe way to do it, but it will absolutely work. > > > >2) Does s6-supervise has the intelligence of findingout $MAINPID as the > >systemd does?( > > > https://systemd-devel.freedesktop.narkive.com/dpY7US7K/a-little-help-with-mainpid-please > > Yes, that is the point of a process supervisor. > You don't need a variable such as $MAINPID because the supervisor > always > remembers the pid of its child. You don't need a pidfile or anything of > the sort. > So, Is there any variable we can use inside run or finish > script of a service equivalent to the pid of the process started inside > run script? > -- > Laurent > >