On 2/22/21 10:41 AM, Jay Logue via TUHS wrote: > Lately, I've been playing around in v6 unix and mini-unix with a goal > of better understanding how things work and maybe doing a little > hacking. As my fooling around progressed, it became clear that moving > files into and out of the v6 unix world was a bit tedious.  So it > occurred to me that having a way to mount a v6 filesystem under linux > or another modern unix would be kind of ideal.  At the same time it > also occurred to me that writing such a tool would be a great way to > sink my teeth into the details of old Unix code. > ... > As I expected, this was a fun and very educational project to work > on.  It forced me to really understand what was going in the kernel > (and to really pay attention to what Lions was saying).  It also gave > me a little view into what it was like to work on Unix back in the > day.  Hopefully someone else will find my little self-education > project useful as well. > > --Jay > Yay! I for one, will appreciate this! Will