Hmm. Clem has a far richer recollection than I do. I don't recall Dan's version, but I defer to Clem. I do have a vague recollection of a program called cr3 intended to mimic the tty driver thing. Perhaps that was Dan's version. I note that my 4.1BSD manual more(1) says the author is "Eric Shienbrood, minor revisions by John Foderaro and Geoffrey Peck." On 6/15/20 6:56 AM, Clem Cole wrote: > > Wikipedia says "more" was written by Daniel Halbert and expanded > by EricShienbrood and Geoff Peck. > > I also believe that is partially true and Mary Ann is actually correct > in the provenance. > > I think Eric arrived later than Dan (maybe a year later), but was also > ex-MIT, and he too had used/seen --MORE-- on ITS as Dan had.  But I > was under the impression Eric started over. Then a few years after > Eric, Geoff worked with Eric's sources to add a few features. As for > starting over/hacking on the program from Dan's original code base, > it's hard to call that one, as  I recall that Dan's version was not > much more than a hack on to cat(1). i.e. the original version was > pretty simple, and I don't remember that it 'knew' about the type of > terminal being used, get info from TERMCAP /et al/.