Josh, At the time (1982-83), Xenix was the only Unix available to me. By 1984, we upgraded to a full-fledged NCR 1632 system, with Unix SVR4. Installation was through a VGA console and after it was up and running, you could add serial terminals to your heart's content. We mostly wrote our own software, but had productivity packages for word processing, spreadsheets, and databases (non-SQL). Xenix was my first experience with *nix. I "caught the bug" and have been working with *nix ever since. Cheers, Jim From: "Josh Good" To: tuhs@minnie.tuhs.org Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 4:11:19 PM Subject: Re: [TUHS] PC Unix (had been How to Kill a Technical Conference On 2021 Apr 6, 12:32, Charles H Sauer wrote: > For much of my last few years at IBM, my uucp machine, ibmchs, was an AT > running Xenix, probably that version of Xenix. Hi. I'm curious about that Xenix vintage. How did you use that machine: headless from a serial terminal?, or at the VGA console? Was it "single user" or shared among several people? Did you run Xenix and only SCO provided software, or did you had third party software in it? Were you using it by choice as your favourite Unix, or merely because it was the only Unix you could have? Did you like living with Xenix? Did it have problems, o was it "setup and forget"? If you feel like sharing that experience, thank you very much. -- Josh Good