On 3/24/20 3:47 AM, Derek Fawcus wrote:> One point being that one could fork/exec a program with those fd's > attached to stdin/stdout and it could operate as a normal filter, w/o > having to understand it was using a socket. Hum. This is quite intriguing. Now I'm wondering what sort of mistchif I could get up to doing things with Bash (et al.) supporting /dev/tcp pseudo files. > (i.e. closing stdout [hence triggering a FIN], while still reading > from stdin) I like it. > Plus various other games achievable by replumbing fd's. Ya. There's quite a bit to think about here. -- Grant. . . . unix || die