On 2020-Mar-11 20:53:12 -0400, Steve Nickolas wrote: >On Thu, 12 Mar 2020, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote: >> a better choice in removing options would be to remove -h and use a >> filter to mutilate the sizes: >> >> $ ls -l | humanize How does humanize decide which column to work on? If it only works on "ls -l", then it's not useful if I want other columns as well. Maybe it could just humanize any large number it found, but you probably don't want to "humanize" the inode number or filename. >I felt -s was a redundant "kindasorta -l". Except they are reporting completely different things - consider sparse files or filesystems (like ZFS) that support compression. -- Peter Jeremy