At 2021-02-21T22:34:10-0600, Will Senn wrote: > On 2/21/21 9:32 PM, G. Branden Robinson wrote: > > What strikes _me_ about the above is the awful Denglish in it. I > > fixed this back in 2017 and the correction shipped as part of groff > > 1.22.4 in December 2018. > Mac Mojave: Groff Version 1.19.2              3 July > 2005                         GROFF(1) Yikes. Yeah, every once in a while a macOS user reports a known defect to the groff list, one we've fixed years ago. Apple's insistence on shipping a 15-year old version is pretty frustrating. I'm given to understand that "brew" can be used straightforwardly to obtain much more recent groff builds, and I know for sure that we have macOS users contributing reports when something in the toolchain goes wrong and we need to accommodate it. Here's a recent example[1]. I've been soliciting help from Windows users to keep our build in good shape over there, to no effect lately. This may have something to do with Microsoft's latest Unix compatibility effort being a bundled Ubuntu distribution--I don't know the details. It may be that going forward there will simply be no audience for "native" Windows support in groff. > Very informative post, Branden. I appreciate the details. I gotta read > more code :). Thank you! TUHS has been a tremendously useful resource in helping me to document where things came from, as well as to figure out when some element of surprising behavior is just a bug versus a historical compatibility feature. V9 sources sure would be nice to have, as would DWB versions other than 3.3... [1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?60035