I learned about Knuth from reading Unix man pages. I was intrigued enough to purchase his 3 volume set "Art of Computer Programming". From: "Dave Horsfall" To: "The Eunuchs Hysterical Society" Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 7:19:05 PM Subject: [TUHS] Knuth and Unix Time for a new thread :-) As today is Knuth's birthday (posted over in COFF), I was wondering (in the cesspool that is my mind) how much of Unix would have been influenced by Knuth? We have qsort() of course (which Hoare actually wrote, based on one of Knuth's algorithms), but I'm guessing that Ken and Dennis would have been familiar with his work? Or am I spreading fake news again? :-) Look, I love being corrected if I make a mistake on a technical mailing list, so fire at will if need be... -- Dave