On 2/16/21 6:16 PM, Will Senn wrote: > Nice! Thanks Doug. Too bad, though... one gets ever tired of having to > log into db's and a simple text db system would be useful. Even sqlite, > which I love, requires login to get at information... I'm already logged > in, why can't I just ask for my info and have it returned? What do you mean by "log into db's" in relation to SQLite? I've never needed to enter a username and password to access SQLite. If you /do/ mean username and password, I believe that some DBs will allow you to authenticate using Kerberos. Thus you should be able to streamline DB access along with access to many other things. If you /don't/ mean username and password, then what do you mean? Are you referring to needing to run a command to open and access the SQLite DB? Taking a quick gander at sqlite3 --help makes me think that you can append the SQL(ite) command that you want to run to the command line. -- Grant. . . . unix || die