I believe the pcc/386 came out of Steve Johnson team at Summit with the PCC2 work. Sent from my PDP-7 Running UNIX V0 expect things to be almost but not quite. > On Jul 11, 2019, at 7:53 AM, Jason Stevens wrote: > > Does anyone know where the 386 port from PCC came from? > > While trying to build a Tahoe userland for the i386, it seems that everything was built with GCC… > Was there a PCC for the i386 around ’88-90? It seems after the rapid demise of the Tahoe/Harris > HCX-9 that the non Vax/HCX-9 platforms had moved to GCC? > > Also anyone know any good test software for LIBC? I’ve been tracing through some > strange issues rebuilding LIBC from Tahoe, where I had to include some bits from > Reno to get diropen to actually work. I would imagine there ought to have been some > platform exercise code to make sure things were actually working instead of say > building as much as you can, and playing rogue for a few hours to make sure > its stable enough.