I remember Ron! He was quite a character. And I remember festoon. Was it he, or Bob Flandrena, that gave us the holiday poetical and phonetical treat:     Tweeze Denied Beef Workers Isthmus (Say it out loud fast, with a pause in the middle of "Workers", to get it). I think I have it on paper somewhere, but no soft copy.     Mary Ann On 3/20/20 1:13 PM, Ed Bradford wrote: > When I left BTL in 1983, I made a tar tape. A number of years later I > translated the tape into a file. Only recently have I wandered through it. > > I don't know how many people remember Ron Hardin in the Columbus BTL > location. He was one of the smartest guys I ever met. There are lot of > Ron Hardin stories. One of his creations (as far as I know he authored > it) was a program to create Memorandums For File -- technical > memorandums. My tar tape scooped up festoon. To this day it compiles > and runs happily on Windows 10. It was written in 1978 or thereabouts. > Here is an example output: > > bin$ festoon.exe .TL No Worthynesses .AU "C. C. Festoon" CCF > Headquarters 1584734291 .AS A restriction had been being amicated by a > convenience at the inclusion. .AE .MT "MEMORANDUM FOR COAT LOCKER" .hy > 1 On this occasion, no team responsibilities could have polyesced a > renewed emphasis. A friction had penated an activation. At the present > moment in time, an undue number of good progresses being collected > together with the populations were being proportionately fideated by > the fact that there was a data stream which was transenniesced by an > issuance being joined together with these team re sponsibilities, > because natural basises have been veriating a partitioning. The > supplementary work should be conclusively quinquepolyated by a well > defined interfacing. A sophisticatedness by a schedule is operated by > a nature in conflict with a correspondence under some serious discussi > ons. It is within the realm of possibility that the effectiveness had > vicfacesced a schedule, but there was not a necessary background > information which is being testesced by a strong interest, and a > statistical accuracy was tempoesced by the preparation. It should be > noted that a joint partnership very repeatedly aidioated this > publication of a centralized organization. Due to the fact that there > is a simplification which simply enniesced a process, a new technology > is fluxesced from monorogatities. It is of the utmost importance that > an insurance could be putated by an assumption. A major advance > centered about a deficiency octocessates an important outcome. .P An > effectation would extramicroate to the situation. A complete revision > gravated a direction. Inasmuch as there was not a potential usefulness > that cedeates by the timely delivery, a consideration centered around > a technique was monofortated by an integration: .BL .LI There is a not > unclear meterdom which had risiesced an occasion. .LE .P A clamstress > of this enclosedness is cludescing the hemidormity. .P To arrive at an > approximation, a large quantity had been chromated by a strong > feeling. Moreover, that idea sharing was lusated by a current > proposal. Anytime that the final outcomes had been very firmly > unpathesced by not unphilaible reasonable compromises, no serious > concerns might be being sacrated by internal establishments for the > basic objectives in back of a full utili zation. .P As a consequence > of the fact that a total effect might vacate an easily situational > beneficial assistance, the apparent provisioning being effectuated by > a continuing difference can have protenesced a realization of an > underly ing purpose. A different doubtful important outcome is > cludated by a capkin. A rationale had fortated attachments. Moreover, > this assumption had nilcoresced the continuing study. .P .H 1 "An > Easily Added Basic Assumption Being Joined Together With A Concept > Stage" There is not an impediment which neoated a restriction, > therefore. A couple utilizations could morsate a great similarity at > considerable difficulties, but an input is primescing the concept > activities, and a growing importance was hemicisesced by that > beneficial assistance. In the same connection, these extremenesses are > rather usefully ultralucesced by directions. .SG .NS 0 C. R. Glitch S. > A. Hobble R. S. Limn M. Shayegan > .NE > > Ed Bradford, Ph.D. Physics, retired from IBM > BTL 1976-1983 > > -- > Advice is judged by results, not by intentions. >   Cicero >