I'm not blaming anyone, as a matter of fact I'm super grateful for all the hard work that is done to preserve what is there on these old tapes, but it's super frustrating that we don't have good historical artifacts.  And that tapes are so seemingly useless. I'm 100% out of my element, but is there a kyrolux like device for tapes?  It seems so many 'cut short' and yet I image there is most certainly more tape on the spool. I'm just a n00b, and apologize if it's a dumb thing to ask. I linked to the bitsaver stuff when writing on the 4.1 stuff as they booted in simh and gave a seemingly working system, but clearly they are missing stuff. I guess I need to figure out the sccs and how to find the latest date on a tape and work from that date based on the CD archive. But thanks again, Al for your bits that has me hooked on looking at the latest digital artifacts!! I still have hope that more of TripOS eventually surfaces On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 8:26 AM +0800, "Al Kossow" wrote: On 3/10/19 3:53 PM, Mike Haertel wrote: > Warner Losh writes: >> There's also >> http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/bits/BSD/BSD4.1_bootable.tap.gz which I >> just noticed... Likely a Memorex sticky tape that stripped its oxide when I tried to read it. These were read a long time before I had a tape oven. I've not dug back into what I still have from the 4BSD days, or in the CHM archives since I thought Kirk had this all covered.