Does it have to be ksh88? https://github.com/att/ast has ksh93 source. -- jpl On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 6:03 PM Clem Cole wrote: > If you were outside of AT&T, it was distributed via AT&T Summit's > 'toolchest' thingy (and were as a single license to join it and but > separate fees for each tool - if you wanted sub-license there was a > secondary process which I forget the details -- I remember used it so we > could make ksh, mk and ditroff standard on the MASSCOMP and later Stellar > boxes). > > My memory is that the toolchest was created before SVR4, I want to say > SVR2 (maybe as late as SVR3) timeframe. Its origin is it was a way to get > some of the tools that came from different teams around the labs out > without having to including them in a full release. Earlier, Brian's > ditroff and Dennis's compiler were licensed (together) but using the > original licensing/distribution scheme. As tools like ksh and mk came on > the scene, Otis Wilson asked a number of us customers what to do. The > toolchest was born from that discussion. It was cool in the after you > ordered, you go a uucp address to 'pull' the bits for your site from the > toolchest. No tapes were written - which is why I think find things now > may be hard. > > That said, I've not found a repository of the toolchest stuff as I'm not > so sure ATT really released all of it in the sense of the basic system > itself. For instance, the support for the JERQ (including the games) were > all in the toolchest and last spring a few of us were looking for the GBACA > sources. I'm not sure if they were found. > > Basically, you need to find someone that had had a toolchest license for > that specific tool and still has the bits somewhere. > > Clem > > On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 5:44 PM Warren Toomey wrote: > >> Hi all, I received an e-mail looking for the ksh-88 source code. A quick >> search for it on-line doesn't reveal it. Does anybody have a copy? >> >> Cheers, Warren >> >> Original e-mail: >> I recently built a PiDP11 and have been enjoying going back in time >> to 2.11BSD.. I was at UC Davis in the the early 1980's and we had >> a few PDP-11/70's running 2.8/2.9 BSD. Back then we reached out to >> David Korn and he sent us the source for KSH -- this would have been >> in 1985ish if I remember, and we compiled it for 2.9 & 4.1BSD, Xenix, >> and some other variants that used K&R C. It may have been what was >> later called ksh88. I wish I still had the files from then.. >> >> I was wondering if you might know if there's an older version like this >> or one that's been ported for 2.11BSD? >> Many thanks, >> Joe >> >