FYI Which Dale and Tim used at Masscomp 4 years earlier. That book was originally modeled from Janet Eagans style guide which I still have. On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 8:11 PM Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote: > On Monday, 16 September 2019 at 0:20:46 -0600, arnold@skeeve.com wrote: > >> 1. Do you think there is any chance of obtaining these macro packages? > >> Either from authors who haven't passed away, or from the publishing > >> houses themselves? > > > > O'Reilly probably would. I can ask someone there, if there's serious > > interest here. They haven't used troff for book production for well > > over a decade. > > The O'Reilly macro package was derived from the macros described in > Dougherty and O'Reilly "UNIX Text Processing" (Hayden 1988). I > received a copy round 1993 for my book "Porting UNIX Software" (didn't > we shout in those days?), and when we released the book under Creative > Commons in 2005 or so, the macros were released with it. It's > available online as > http://www.lemis.com/grog/Documentation/PUS/tmac.Gbignuts.G > > In passing I should mention that they required me to use those > macros. At the time I wanted to use TeX, but they were "unwilling". > I used groff, and I've never used TeX since: a dead baby duck. > > Greg > -- > Sent from my desktop computer. > Finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key. > See complete headers for address and phone numbers. > This message is digitally signed. If your Microsoft mail program > reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA > -- Sent from a handheld expect more typos than usual