Yes, it was a full Single System Image (SSI) system -- one of the 3B4000's SW architects was Tom Bishop, whom I'm still in contact (he's in the Austin these days). Those folk did a nice job. FWIW: When the 4000 project was canceled in Indiana Hill, Tom joined us @ LCC to work on TNC. On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 3:30 PM Kevin Bowling wrote: > ISTM the 4000 was one of the earlier UNIX clusters, very close to Locus in > time? Any pointers for more info would be appreciated, I don’t care if it > sucked it’s still interesting > > > On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 12:16 PM Lyndon Nerenberg > wrote: > >> Kevin Bowling writes: >> >> > Can you share any details or photos about that 3B? >> >> Nope. The only pictures I had of the '4000 were from the night we >> "decommissioned" it. They were lost many moves ago. But even if I >> still had them I would not let them out in public, to protect the >> guilty. >> >> Which is a shame, because some of them were quite entertaining :-) >> >> --lyndon >> >