On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 10:41 AM Noel Chiappa wrote: > > The base software for the Cisco multi-protocol router was code done by > William > (Bill) Yeager at Stanford (it handled IP and PUP); I have a vgue memory > that > his initially ran on PDP-11's, like mine. (I think their use of that code > was > part of the scandal, but I've forgotten the details.) > It might have been 11/20's, but I thought he had LSIs at that point (but I can be miss remember). It was much more sophisticated and was really building a router, the CMU DFE was not. We wanted a terminal mux. So were primarily interested in telnet. As I mentioned to Lars in another thread, here is where I learned of SUPDUP for some of the LISPers. But we > > > From: Tom Lyon > > > the design ... relied on CAD tools only extant on the Stanford > PDP-10. > > Sounds like SUDS? > Yes -- SUDS ran on the CMU-10s and 3-River's GDPs (through the FE) -- it was the CAD tool we used at CMU in the mid-late 1980s - the first tool I learned. ᐧ